Sunday 14 October 2012

AvX Consequences #1 review



I really enjoyed the whole of Avengers vs X-Men, all 12 issues. Yes, there were a couple of sub par issues, but as a whole I thought it was very very good. So following on from those events we have AvX: Consequences. Which as the title states, will be following the fallout from the epic six month story arc.

I found this book very hit and miss. There were some things done really well, while other things didn't seem to have the effect I think they were going for. Starting with the positives, it looks like there will be some big things to come from Wakanda and Black Panther. It seems that Wakanda are not forgiving the mutants so easily for destroying their home. This could lead to a possible conflict which would of course be very interesting. I have not read too many things with Black Panther involved in, so I would really like to see something like this put forward in the future. The scenes with Cyclops in the prison were also great. It should be fun to see how to copes in there with all the continual bad treatment towards him by the staff and possibly some other prisoners in future issues.

Now on to the negatives. The scene with Hope felt pointless. It seemed like they were trying to hit a certain emotional tone, and failed to do so. I wasn't really a fan of the scene between Cap and Wolverine. Wolverines' emotional state after the death of Xavier came over really well, and is in fact something I am looking forward to being explored more in depth. However, the scene as a whole I just think could have been done better. It didn't really flow right for me. I am also not very interested in whatever Captain Marvel and Iron Man seem to be up too. Obviously the foundations for their mission were just being set in this issue, but it failed to really interest me. Maybe my opinion on that will change after the next issue.

I cant write a review on this issue without mentioning the art either. Some pages it looked absolutely great. In fact Wolverine looked superb in every frame he was in. However, Captain America looked terrible throughout. It just didn't look like Cap enough for me.

Overall, I am stuck in the middle with this issue. The foundations have been set for some quite interesting things thus far, however there are other aspects of this mini series that I can tell already I will not be interested in in the slightest. This will not stop me picking it up though, as like most people who read AvX, I am desperate to see the implications of this years biggest story.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment