Sunday 11 November 2012

Daredevil: End Of Days #2



If you read my review of the first issue of this then you know just how excited I was to get my hands on issue #2. After reading the latest issue, I still have the feeling that in years to come this may be spoken about as being one of the best Daredevil stories created.

In this issue we saw Ben Urich continue attempting to piece together Matt Murdock's life; especially the time where he went missing for years after killing the Kingpin. Some well known Marvel characters made an appearance in this issue, which was great to see. I also have the feeling that we will be seeing a few more cameos in future issues as Matt's life is described to Ben by the people who knew him best. It makes sense, and I really believe that this is the route this title is going to go down. I may be proven wrong though, who knows.
The conversation between Ben and Milla was a clear highlight of the book for me, and I am sure that it will be for other Daredevil fans out there. The tension between the two was clear to see. It really came off the pages whilst reading it.

Once again, I love the art. It fits the book perfectly. The gritty art which depicts Hell's Kitchen, and also highlights the gritty end of Daredevil; its perfect. There is also a clear theme of age in regards to Ben. In the book the world is moving forward without him. This is made clear due to his job, as well as the scene where he was looking for information on the Black Widow.

I am very glad that this is an 8 part mini series and not any shorter. If it was I feel that the whole story would not have been told as it was intended to be. It would have felt constrained. Luckily for us, Bendis has pretty much been given as much creative freedom as he wants in regards to length of the series. I really cant wait for the next issue, not only because of my love for the series; but also due to my love of a certain Marvel character that made an appearance right at the end of this issue. If you have not tried this one out yet then I really suggest that you do.


Rating: 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment