Sunday 4 November 2012

Hit-Girl #4 Review



Hit-Girl may be one of my favourite comic book characters of all time. I absolutely adore her.I adore her so much, I was worried that this mini series may not be as good as I hoped it to be. I was wrong. It has been everything I expected it to be and more.

Mark Millar has done a great job with this series. It has everything. Some people assume that it is just going to be blood and gore in a typical Hit-Girl sort of way. That is not true. This book has so many different factors and so many different story threads running through it which are all interlinked, which really makes it a joy to read.

The way Hit-Girl escaped from the drugs warehouse which she found herself in at the end of last issue was genius  She used her brain as well as her bullets!
Now what stood out for me in this issue was the race home that followed her escape from the warehouse. Her stepfather was racing home on a different route from Mindy in order to catch her on out in the act of being Hit-Girl. This led to a few tense panels, and I really didn't know how it was going to pan out.
What I also liked was the brief scene of Mindy in school. It is brilliant to see how her character has developed from being a loser, to the girl everyone wants to be at school. Obviously Mindy has her own reasons for acting like she is doing, and what this shows is just how easy it is to become popular in high school. Well, as long as you fake everything about yourself.

We only have one issue left of this series and I cant wait to see how it ends. The final panel of this book shows that we are in for a tense finale. However, I am slightly worried it is going to end a different way than what I would like. But if it does end this way then I think we may even get a Hit-Girl 2 at some point. Which would no doubt be just as epic as this series has been. Here's to #5 next month!

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment