Thursday 21 February 2013

Comic Book Thoughts


Fatale #12: This issue was based on another femme fatale in medieval France. What we got here was another fantastic one shot story, after the last issue set the standard for this format. The story really was a one and done, as it had a really satisfying non traditional ending which this series also seems great at doing at the minute. There was a betrayal in this issue that I did not see coming at all.
 I can't wait for the next issue which is based on yet another new femme fatale in the wild west. This series is growing rapidly and I love it. 8 /10

Avengers Arena #4: This was another great issue in a series that has really been impressing me. I loved the focus on Nico and Chase. the recap on Chase was done really well, and fit into the issue nicely. Once again these are characters that i was previously unfamiliar with, but this issue really got me caring for the both of them. I loved their interaction with 3 other members of the group. My only gripe with it however is the fact that X-23 was not in it enough. I think she is a great character who is never quite used in a way that I think she should be in whatever she is in. I loved the art in this issue too. 8 / 10.


I should be buying new books on Saturday guys, we will see. I do not get paid until Monday but I think I should be ok. If anything changes then I will let you know. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment