Saturday 16 February 2013

Wolverine And The X-Men #25 Review


This book is just so much fun. If you are not reading it then I really do not understand why. No matter what kind of story it is, be it a major storyline or just one lasting a couple of issues, you are always in for such an awesome ride. In this issue the story focused on some of the students attempting a team bonding exercise in the Savage Land. So how did they fare out in the wild?

This issue is just laying down the foundations for the rest of this storyline as it only really focused on the team getting to the Savage Land, and the way they inevitably split up due to not wanting to work together. What this issue has teased though is the development of Kid Omega. He is certainly one of the more entertaining characters of this series, and we may be seeing a side to him that we really did not expect we will see.

I went in to this issue really excited to see what was going to happen to Broo after the last page of #24. Well, what has happened is he has gone feral! He has lost all his intellect which at first I was dreading to read more about, but he ended up being used in this issue in a great way. The relationship between Idie and Broo has changed once again, and this new dynamic seems like it is going to bring us plenty of laughs and comic relief.

There was also a character appearance in this issue that I was not expecting. It is someone who is very close to wolverine who I have actually not read anything about before. In fact, I did not even know that this character existed before I read this issue. I am very intrigued to read their inevitable battle in the next issue or so, as it will be the first time I will have seen anything of the sort. I do not know what more hardcore fans of Wolverine will think, but I am very excited anyway.

Overall, I still can't get enough of this series. I can't believe that it has got #25 already though. The only disappointment with this issue was the fact that the regular artist, Nick Bradshaw, was not on the issue. I also do not think that they were on the issue before this either. The art is what makes this series so fantastic, however Perez in this issue was also superb and was more than just a suitable fill in artist.
This series is still fantastic and I would suggest any new readers to start picking up old issues. You do not necessarily have to do this, but the stuff you will have missed has just been outstanding. It is worth reading as much material on this run as you possibly can. The best thing is, it is still knocking out quality issue after quality issue.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

FREE CODE: TMM19DGRLV5H

No comments:

Post a Comment