Saturday 16 February 2013

Comic Book Thoughts


HI Guys,

I have had another really busy week so not been able to write full reviews on everything that I would have liked too, so here are just some of my thoughts on some books from last week. Enjoy!

Swamp Thing #17: I enjoyed this, however I was not a fan of the art. I do not pick this up on a regular basis and only picked this issue up due to it following on from the Animal Man; hence why the art kind of surprised me. I did really like the ending in this, and I am now very much looking forward to the next issues of both Animal Man and Swamp Thing. I just hope they don't drag on this next bit as long as they did with Rotworld.
7.5 / 10

Hit-Girl #5: This was absolutely awesome. This series has been getting really mixed reviews, but I have loved it from start to finish. I love the character, and I just love the world in general that Mark Millar has created. This particular issue was definitely the bloodiest yet, which is something I loved about it. Over the top Millar style gore absolutely rocks. I also think the set up for Kick Ass 3 was very nicely done too.
9 / 10

Colder #4: This series has been nothing but tremendous, and the same can be said for the penultimate issue. There was a brief recap at the start of this issue which I thought was really cleverly done. I also loved the other world and the creatures that inhabited it ( dogs that have the body of a hand?!?! awesome ). The art was once again top notch, and I am very excited for the finale next month.
9 / 10

Vampirella Strikes #2: The progression in this issue was awesome. We have been introduced to a new character that Vampirella will be working with in the upcoming issues, who I really enjoyed reading about. I also like how it set up for the next issue with a real big question mark hanging over the story line. This series is doing a great job at making me want to jump in to the ongoing Vampirella series; which can only be a good thing.
8 / 10

Wolverine and the X-Men #24: Absolutely loved this issue. There was so much going on which made it feel a lot bigger than an average comic book. The character moments in here were great as always, with a real highlight for me being the scene between Quire and Jean grey. this was something I did not expect, and I was very happy when it popped up. The last page has also got me very hyped for #25 which I should hopefully be reading and reviewing later today.
Rating: 9 / 10


Right, I have finally received this weeks new books in the post today, so I am going to attempt to write 3 reviews today of the books I have been most looking forward to. I hope you guys are having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment