Saturday 16 February 2013

The Walking Dead #107 Review


I have been really looking forward to this issue hitting the shelves. I mean of course, I always look forward to the Walking Dead, but I had a feeling that Mr Kirkman would be getting rid of one of our favourite characters in the series. So, was this the end of Carl? Or did Negan show a nice side to himself?

Well guess what? This was one really weird issue, as Carl was left to go freely with his group. The way Negan acted was terrifying throughout. I had a bad feeling all the way through that he was going to turn nasty at any second...but he didn't. That is what was so strange about this, but I have a feeling that we will start seeing the nasty side of him again very soon.
You may be thinking: "Well surely nice Negan would suck?" You would be really wrong. This "nice" Negan felt very sinister. He was still his sweary self, and the way he was acting was still really odd. He was totally captivating which is something he has been throughout his short time in this book. Whatever personality he seems to adopt, he is always going to freak me out it seems.

After that was all sorted, we got some nice development in the rest of the book. It seems that the group have found somewhere that will help them develop bullets. This bit seemed all a bit too convenient, but I am still happy to go along with it.
There was a scene with Michonne that came totally out of left field, or at least I think it did. I do not recall Michonne ever acting in this way before and I have read every single issue. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think this was a first. It shocked me when I was reading it anyway.
The Walking Dead always try to make the last page a big one to get you hyped for next issue, and the last page of #107 was no different. It seems like we are being introduced to a new major character in #108, which is something I am really looking forward too. We are talking about TWD here, so whatever happens; I am sure I am going to be a big fan of Ezekial.

This is always the hardest review of the month as it is difficult to not give spoilers. If you are not up to date with TWD then there is no point in reading my review of the title on any given month; so in a way I do not feel too bad. However, if you are not reading it then it must sound like nothing is happening in these issue, but you would be really wrong. We love these characters and it is great to see any sort of development of them or to the story. We are all in it for the long run.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment