Saturday 19 January 2013

All New X-Men #6 Reivew


I initially missed this series when issues 1-5 came out, but ended up doing everything within my power to purchase those issues when I read just how good this series was. So I got myself up to date and now here we are with #6 in the series. Bendis has been getting plaudits for this book from all corners of the comic book community, and you can really see why. This series has legs to it; so what was firstly considered as probably only running for a few issues, now seems to have the world at its feet. Rightly so in my opinion too.

We see a lot of young Jean Grey in this issue as she is coming to grips with what happens to her in the future, as well as the new powers that she all of a sudden now possesses. What I really liked in this issue was how supporting Kitty Pryde was throughout towards Jean. I am a massive fan of Kitty's, so it is awesome for me to see her role become more important in this series as she has taken it upon herself to look after the younger versions of the X-Men.

The other main story running throughout this book was between young Cyclops and modern day Wolverine. It is clear to see what Logan is finding it hard not to take his anger out on young Scott, even though the events that have recently happened are not his fault at all. However, when he does lower his guard, it doesn't end too well for him.
I really do feel sorry for young Scott as he is coming to grips with just what he is going to do in his future. It must be a big shock for anyone knowing that they will never be what they believe they will become in their future; and it must be even harder knowing that you will be behind the death of someone who was a father like figure to you. It is going to be interesting to see the development of young Scott in particular throughout this series, as well as young Jean.

The art in this series is once again perfect for this book. David Marquez is doing a fine job on this series, and I will even go as far as saying that I think this issue may his best work yet on the title.
As mentioned at the start of this review, many people did not think that this title had the legs; now the potential for some major character development seems pretty much limitless. I really can't wait for the next issue of this to hit the shelves; it may be my favourite Marvel NOW title. February seems so far away.

Rating: 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment