Sunday 20 January 2013

Daredevil #22 Review


Daredevil continues the amazing hot streak it is on with this current issue that just so happens to feature the all new Superior Spider-man. I imagine that a lot of people will be picking this issue up who don't read the book normally due to the Spidey appearance, but it seems to me that after reading this people will be sticking around with this series longer than they thought they would be.

This being a Daredevil book and not a Spidey book; the story of this issue revolved around Matts' POV, which makes a lot of sense. What was great was how he was unsure throughout why "Peter" was behaving the way he was. Matt had doubts about his best friend all the way until the very end, which made sense considering they are pretty much best friends. I am sure Spidey will come across a lot more of this while Doc is in fact in Peter; but it was nice to see DD wonder what was up straight from the get go.

The battle that Spider-man and DD were involved in against stilt man was quite entertaining; but it obviously took a back seat to the second guessing of Matt as well as the massive revelation at the end of this book. It was something that I never saw coming, not just in the lead up from this issue, but the series as a whole. The revelation came totally out of left field, and I am really hoping that something will happen so the consequences of it will never be felt; otherwise we will be losing a very dear character of the book.

Chris Samnees' art has always been good in my opinion; better than average but not as good as people have made out to me. However, in this issue I think it finally hit me how it has obviously already hit so many people. I think this issue was just beautiful. I loved every single panel, and I can now see why he is as loved as he is. I hope this continues in the coming issues.

Once again this is another great issue. In fact I would go as far as saying that it is better than I thought it would be. I had a feeling it was going to be some kind of filler issue; but instead it has become one of my favourite issues of the series so far. If you are not purchasing this book then buy this as it acts as a great jumping on point. A brand new story arc is starting next month too, so now really is as good a time as ever to step into the world of Daredevil.

Rating: 9 / 10




No comments:

Post a Comment