Saturday 26 January 2013

Green Lantern #16 Review


The biggest shock for me with this issue was that starting next issue there is going to be a new story arc. I was not at all under the impression that this "Rise of the Third Army" crossover event had been concluded; thats because it hasnt been. There has simply been no conclusion to it whatsoever. So surely that makes this issue a very bad one then I hear you ask? Nope, not at all; which is all down to the fact that the story of Simon Baz is just amazing.

This issue mainly focuses on what is next for Baz. There is a recap of recent events, which I have to say was done in a very clever way. But before he can leave Earth, Baz wants to do just one more thing before he goes. What comes next is a really emotional scene that took up most of this issue. The emotion really jumps out of this issue and grabs you. There is pure desperation to be felt, and I for one was hoping for a positive outcome. I realise I am being a little vague on details here, but I really think it needs to be read to get a true sense of the scene, as well as a deeper understanding of exactly what Simon Baz is all about.
The last page of the book showed us what to expect next from this series. It looks like things are really going to be heating up, and I really can not wait to see what happens.

It cant be said enough how impressive Baz has been as a GL. I remember when Sinestro and Hal were "killed" and I was very worried that this was a terrible move to make. I had faith that Baz would be a decent enough replacement and that things would not get too boring, but I never expected the last few issues to be quite as impressive as they have been. This is pretty much a perfect jumping on issue due to the recap that I mentioned earlier. If you have avoided this title due to the current lack of Hal Jordan, then I think this issue may just change your mind.

Rating: 8 / 10


No comments:

Post a Comment