Wednesday 2 January 2013

Daredevil End Of Days #4 Review


After finishing this issue not too long ago I can safely say that this series is tremendous. I have loved the series so far, and even claimed way back when #2 came out that it had the potential to be a classic series. Now we have just reached the halfway point of this mini series, and it is clear that this is a beautiful comic book; written and drawn in a styles that compliment each other so well. It is very close to perfection.

In this issue we find out what happened to Bullseye. It was never a surprise to me when it was revealed what happened to him, but it was a surprise at how exactly it had happened. The circumstances, and flashback reconstruction of the events found later in the issue, were a major shock that came out of left field.
This series is great at making you think that you know where it is going and how it is shaping;and then suddenly they take the rug from under your feet. In fact, it is what this series does best. We are investigating along with Ben Urich, and we are getting as surprised at every turn as he is. I have said that in an earlier issue review, but now we are halfway through it is clear that this is sticking. It makes us feel frustrated and lost, but it is all part of the reading experience.

We were treated to a shock appearance of my favorite 2nd string Marvel character towards the end of this issue. I really did not see it coming, so I was very pleasantly surprised. I may have not seen it coming, but it all makes sense for him to be involved somehow. Bendis really knows what he is doing; when does he not.

Once again, and as always, the art was stupendous throughout this issue. What a horrendous Marvel New York this is to live in; it is beautifully ugly. This series would not be the same without this dark, washed out surroundings. I am enjoying the art so much, I am really intrigued as to whether it would make the Daredevil ongoing any better. It is really that good.

This series has four issues remaining and I recommend that you pick up all the other issues and jump on board. You could just wait for the trade, but I think is going to be looked back on as something really special. I can already see myself reading through all this again the week before the final issue comes out, it is that damn good.

Rating: 9.5 / 10

As I mentioned on my Twitter account, I am giving away the FREE digital code for this issue. It is first come first served, so whoever redeems it first gets it. It is out of my control. I just thought it would be a great way for someone to get into this series, or carry on from where it has been left. So, here it is: TMM7M1C7A990


No comments:

Post a Comment