Saturday 12 January 2013

Punisher War Zone #3 Review

Greg Rucka Continues his mini series focusing on the aftermath of the events that happened in the recently cancelled ongoing Punisher series. He was made to write this character. Add that opinion of mine to the fact that the Punisher is one of my all time favourite characters, and I think it is quite obvious what I though of this book. That does sound kind of biased, but I think my opinion on this is going to be one that most people share after reading this issue.

The issue starts off like the previous issue. Instead of Natasha running round after Frank, it is Thor this time. This takes up about half of the issue, and I was getting kind of worried as to where the heel this series as a whole may be going. It turns out I had nothing to worry about as it all became clear in the second half of this very issue.
What we saw was a great conversation between Frank and Thor. I say conversation, but it was really more like a lecture from Thor. He could not really grasp what the point was anymore for Frank, and he also informed him that he is leaving collatrral damage in his wake that was surely never his intention.
What I really liked about this scene was how silent Frank was throughout it. Hr drank beer and never argued once against the points that Thor was making. I thought this showed a great deal of respect that Frank has for the God. Of course, Thor is more powerful than him so he probably couldnt do much anyway, but I definietly think that the silence was largely due to respect. Frank has never been too worried about consequences, but you get the feeling that maybe this time he may do what is right and turn himself in. But that is not the way he operates really is it?

Overall, I really really enjoyed this issue. It all felt very samey at first, but then it really blossomed into something very nicely done during the Thor and Frank heart to heart. Running in the background of all of this was the court case for Cole-Alves. The last page also shows that next issue may be make or break time for Frank regarding this case. I really cant wait for the next installment in this mini as it is poised absolutely beautifully. Will Frank finally face up to his actions? Certainly #4 is a must read.


Rating: 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment