Saturday 26 January 2013

Revival #6 Review


If some of you guys are not reading this series, then this issue really is a great jumping on point. Before it starts there is a nice little recap page to let you know what has happened so far. The actual issue itself focuses this issue on creating new story line that we will obviously be seeing more of in future issues.
In all honestly I was slightly worried about this issue due to me loving the series so much. I absolutely adored the first story arc and was concerned about where it would go after it had wrapped up. After reading #6, I can safely say that I am very excited with the direction that we seem to be heading.

Dana once again takes centre stage in this issue, she has bit of a bit more trouble than she can chew too. I loved her detective skills that she showed off in this issue. We have been told that she is a great police officer, and it was really great to see that come out a lot more in this issue. However, it seems to have led her into dangerous waters. It will be very interesting to see how she gets out of this situation in the next issue.

Danas' sister Em was only briefly in this book, but it seems that she has a very dark side to her. She is definitely a lot more messed up than Dana knows. A theme seems to be coming out in this book where people closest to Dana seem to be hiding things from her. She is so focused on her work that she seems to be missing things than she should be seeing. This is confirmed in the scene regarding her son and the creature. If Dana knew what was going on then she would be really shocked. I am sure she will open her eyes to everything very soon, but I wonder what effect all this will have on her.

As you know, I don't really like giving too much away with this book as if you do not read it then you will not really know what I am going on about. I highly recommend giving this issue a try. It is a great jumping on point and I don't think new readers would be too confused after reading this. This is still one of my favourite series coming out right now, and I really cant believe I have to wait another month to find out what is going to happen to some of these characters that I have become very fond of over the last few months.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment