Sunday 20 January 2013

Indestructible Hulk #3 Review


I mentioned in my review of #1 that I was desperate for this series to be good because I have been waiting for a decent Hulk book to sink my teeth into. After three issue I think it safe to say that Mark Waid is really delivering here; bringing us a Hulk series that the fans I am sure are enjoying very much.
I did think that #2 was a slight step down from the very impressive #1, but with this issue I think Waid has delivered the best yet.

In this issue we see Hulk on yet another SHIELD mission. I like the way that these missions are settled in the space of a single issue. It may sound like it is not enough, but the mission in this issue came across very well in this kind of format. Waid is not belittling the readers by making the missions really simple. I am glad he is not because in reality SHIELD would not send the Hulk out and simple boring missions. This particular one was pretty complicated throughout, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it up to its conclusion.

Waid also found a lot of room in this issue to slip in plot points for the future. We got introduced to Bruces' newly recruited lab assistants, as well as a special Robot who seems like will be providing some nice light comic moments in the future of this series.
It also seems like there are more to these new recruits that meets the eye, so that will be interesting to see in the future. I am sure that a couple may have a hidden agenda for wanting to work with Bruce. I also think he probably knows this too; so it will be very interesting to see just how this develops.

The art in this series is getting really mixed responses in other reviews I have read. I for one can say that I really like it. The Hulk looks simply awesome. He is huge, and it is easy to imagine the damage he can do.
A couple of the more packed panels of the issue are a tad hard to make out properly; but that does not bother me as it only makes me want to look into the art more than I usually would; which can only be a good thing.

I am still on a high with this series so I do recommend it. Waid is building a nice little world here; which is something he did very well with the Daredevil book that he is on. I think you should pick this up and give it a go. I don't think  you will be disappointed.

Rating: 8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment