Sunday 27 January 2013

Bedlam #3 Review


If you guys remember I gave #1 of this series 10 / 10, which was my first top score in this blog. I also really enjoyed #2, however it was going in a direction that I was not expecting so was not as keen on it as I was with the first. Going in to #3 I was more sure with what to expect which definitely helped in regards to my enjoyment of this issue. I loved the way the story has progressed in this book, and the development of the fringe characters was also brilliantly done in this issue.

Fillmore Press was once against fantastic in this issue. I think it is clear that the further he gets into the crimes in the future, the more he will most likely remember about his alter ego. However, for the time being it is great to see his strange way of thinking come to life off the pages.
As mentioned the development of other characters is starting to come through, especially in regards to Detective Acevedo. I have a feeling that she will have a constant presence in this series for a while to come, and it will be interesting to see just how she is going to be used.

I am also looking forward to finding out a little bit more on the guy who is carrying out these murders. He is yet another character in this book, much like Madder Red, who can only really fit in this book. His appearance is indeed very shocking, but he really is a perfect fit for a series of this nature.
Speaking of Madder Red; the first couple of pages of this book which featured him were very shocking. Not many words were needed for what was being depicted. Once again, only in this book would something like that be acceptable.

This was once again another great issue of a series that really has me hooked. The last page reveal has me very excited for the next issue, and I really cant wait to see Fillmore Press is going to get out of being a suspect in this murder case.
The art once again was great. The rough scratchy style really suits the tone of this book. It really feels like these pictures have been taken right out of Nick Spencers' mine, which shows how great of a job that Riley Rossmo is doing. Bring on #4, which I am sure will be just as disturbing as the previous three issues. We wouldn't want it any other way with this series.

Rating: 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment