Tuesday 22 January 2013

Comic Book Thoughts

Hey guys!

Checking in here just to give some brief thoughts on a couple of books I have just read. I will not be picking up any new books this week until Saturday  so there will be no reviews until this weekend. Have a good rest of the week :)


Captain America #3 - About halfway through this issue I was starting to get bored of this whole Dimension Z setting. I enjoyed it immensely in the first two issues, but halfway through this issue I thought it was going to get stale. Well, that is what I thought; this was until a last page that really shocked me. This is an still an enjoyable series, but I just hope that it starts picking up the pace soon. The last page of this issue makes me think that the pace will be picking up rather soon.  7 / 10

Wolverine and the X-Men #23 - This was a great issue which concluded the murder circus story arc. I went into this arc totally not bothered, and I have come out of the other side quite shocked with just how great it was. The character development in this book regarding the new Dr Frankenstein is great, and I am looking forward to seeing how Idie is going to develop in the next couple of issues. Once again there was some fantastic art in this book, as always. This is such a great run, and I really can not recommend it high enough. Issue #24 comes out this week which I think may be a great jumping on point for new readers. 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment