Saturday 19 January 2013

Comic Book Thoughts


I have not had a chance to review everything I read over the last few weeks, so here I am going to mention a few titles and give some of my thoughts on them. I hope you enjoy, and I hope it also gives a bit more of an idea of all the things that I do read.


Vampirella #1 - I have not read any of the Vampirella books at all. Of course, I have heard of the character, but I am not overly familiar with her. I decided to get on this new Vampirella mini series from Dynamite, and after reading this issue I am very much looking forward to reading more. This is a great start to what I think will be a very interesting title. It has made me want to pick up some Vampirella trades, so I would say that it is new reader friendly. 8 /10

Mara #1 - This is such a strange concept for a book, and I guess with the Lance Armstrong cheat admission, it has probably come out at a pretty good time. This new mini series from Brian Wood definitely has my attention. 8 /10

Superman #15 - I have not had time to review this, which is a shame as I love reviewing this series. It is still very much overlooked in my opinion, and this issue highlights why I continue on liking it a lot. The H'el on Earth crossover is still very intriguing, and I loved the introduction of some familiar characters right at the end. 7.5 / 10

Avengers Arena #3 - This is another series that I just can not understand the hate for. Here, we have another great issue with some great character introductions. I am not familiar with many of these characters but this book is really making me invested in them. I think it has become clear that they are not all going to be killed off, so I think fans of these names should not worry as much. 7.5 / 10

Fantastic Four #3 - I am enjoying this series, but I cant justify spending money on a book that is just one mini adventure after another like this one is. There is obviously a bigger picture, but I think I am going to drop it. It is thoroughly enjoyable, the same goes for this issue, but I do not think that it is for me. I wanted just a little bit more from a Fantastic Four book. I may jump back on at some point in the future though. 7 /10

Mind The Gap #7- What a series this is! The questions are still being thrown right at us, and it is still not entirely clear what the hell is going on; but I for one am definitely in it for the long run. 8.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment