Monday 11 March 2013

Age Of Ultron #1


I was giving to give this event a miss. It is written by Brian Michael Bendis so naturally it is something that I would want to read, but I instead planned to read this in trade form. However, after seeing the cover in my LCS, I just had to pick it up. My whole curiosity just got the better of me; so I really could not resist it.

 The most I knew about this character / series was the fact that he hates humanity, and that this book focuses on a world that has been destroyed by Ultron himself. This interested me, but as I mentioned earlier it was not enough to make me buy it. However, after reading it, I can say that I think this setup is just great. I love how there are only a small amount of Avengers left in the world, and how massive the task at hand really felt in this first issue. They have a massive job ahead of them if they are to defeat Ultron, and I am struggling to see a way in which they can do so.

So, the setup really interests me now, but it is not just that that has got me excited in this series. What I was surprised at was how at each others throats the remaining super heroes are. For some reason I still expected them to be a really strong force, with lots of plans surrounding defeat Ultron. This is not what we saw in #1 at all. They are alive, but only just, and it seems to be like they have given up hope. The last page of this issue showed us that even the one man who you would expect to still be in one piece mentally, is really struggling to comprehend what needs to be done. If he is not with it, then it easy to see why everyone else seems to be crumbling around him.

I don't really want to say too much about this issue, as it mainly focuses on character development in setting up what point we are at now with these people. I never want to spoil things too much, and I feel that if I go into details about what was said, then I would essentially be telling you guys exactly what happened in this book. What I can say though is just how impressed I was in this issue. I am now going to be picking up pretty much everything related to this crossover event. Bendis has won be over, and I really can't stress enough how much I think you guys should check this issue out.

Rating: 9 / 10

FREE CODE:: TMM19PML3DL1

No comments:

Post a Comment