Thursday 21 March 2013

Superior Spider-Man #6 Review


This series, for the last couple of issues, has finally started to be what it was supposed to be from the very start. Slott is starting to really get into the character, and the development has been amazing. This issue is no different, as we start to see more of Doc Ock's nasty side come out. Not only that, but a certain group of superheroes are becoming very concerned over Spidey's actions.

This issue started as making me think it was just going to be a one and done. Jameson ordered Spidey to take down Screwball and Jester after he got embarrassed by them in public. I was under the impression that he was going to do that and then that would pretty much be it. Oh how very wrong I was.
Before he took them down, we were shown Doc Ock back at college, where he harmed a couple of bullies for the way they treated his friend Anna Maria. This was once again a quite aggressive way of dealing with a problem, so we were once again reminded of the fact that this is how Doc deals with things. We were not actually shown him dealing with these guys, but we were still given a pretty good idea as to what happened. This actually shocked me, and I am glad that Slott is starting to be consistent regarding his toughness used on certain enemies.

We were then shown how he eventually dealt with the two pranksters, and let me tell  you, he didn't let them off lightly. The thing is, all of this was being broadcast live on the internet, so I am looking forward to see what I expect to be a bit of a backlash towards Spider-Man from the public.
This is the number one reason this issue surprised me; the fact that now the public at large are more familiar with the way Spidey is now dealing with his enemies. It has opened up a can of worms that I am sure are going to make some problems for Doc.

As touched on earlier, a certain super group were discussing how to deal with Spidey. This was once again something that I was not expecting to see. I am happy that they have picked up on the fact that he is acting totally out of character. I had a feeling with this series that it would take everyone ages to pick up on things, but Slott seems to be doing everything perfectly regarding this. The next issue, where it looks like Spidey gets confronted by these guys, will be very interesting. I really can't wait to see this stand off / discussion take place. I really wonder hoe Doc will be able to control himself in a situation like that, but I am just going to have to wait and see.

I am absolutely loving this series at the minute. I am even becoming a fan of Ramos' art too. Everything just seems to be clicking at the moment with this, and I really think Spidey fans who abandoned this when it first came out are missing out big time.
 I really recommend this issue, as once again we have seen some important character development. Some people may read up on the plot and decide to skip it; but honestly, pick it up. It is a great little story, and some of the outcomes in it will be having an effect on Docs' future. Definitely not just a filler issue.

Rating: 9.1 / 10

FREE CODE: TMM2652HIGNX

No comments:

Post a Comment