Saturday 9 March 2013

All New X-Men #8 Review


This series has been a massive win for me so far. As some of you guys know I missed the first few issues initially before all the good press made it just too good for me to ignore; and I can honestly say that there has not been one bad issue in this run thus far. This issue teased the young X-Men meeting the present day Avengers; so you can imagine my excitement going in to reading it. My excitement ended up to be totally warranted too.

Three quarters of this issue was made up of past Angel and current day Angel battling Hydra as they were attempting to burn the Avengers tower down to the ground; all while the Avengers were nowhere to be seen.  I enjoyed this part of the issue; especially the way the two Warren's were with each other. Warren, for me anyway, is a member of the X-Men that I have never been overly excited about. However in this issue I really liked the dialogue coming from both versions of the character; which just shows how well written this series really is.

Next up in this issue was the confrontation between the Avengers and these young X-Men. To be honest it was not what I was expecting as I was expecting everything to be slightly more heated. However, as mentioned in the above paragraph, this book is just so well written; which means I really don't mind if things don't get too heated.
Put it this way, this scene consisted of a conversation between Hank and Cap, and we heard pretty much none of it due to Kitty and Bobby mocking the conversation. They had a conversation between them; whilst taking up the roles of Hank and Captain America. This was not only immensely fun to read, but also to look at; due to the fact that Marquez is a God at nailing facial expressions. I found myself with a big smile on my face as I was reading through this scene.
Jean Grey also had a very nice moment at the end of this issue; which followed a very well constructed rant by young Warren. It has become clear in previous issues that he has been struggling to get to grips with what exactly he becomes in the future; so everything came out regarding that in this issue.

Overall, this may be one of the best written comic on the stands at the moment. Bendis has a great feel for every single character that he writes. No wonder he has quite a few X books on the go at the moment. This is a massive time for the X-Men, and it is great to see that they have the right man behind them in moving forward. If you are a fan of these characters then I strongly recommend you guys get involved with this series. Yes at times there may not be much action involved; but all that is forgotten due to the fantastic character moments throughout each and every issue.

Rating: 8.9 / 10


FREE CODE: TMM17X9PWPTK

No comments:

Post a Comment