Saturday 2 March 2013

The Flash #17 Review


The end of this whole gorilla story line is finally here with this issue. To be fair it has not been that bad a story, but unfortunately it has been nowhere near the standard of previous arcs, and it has felt like it has really dragged for me. Has it finished on a high or has it been the same as the rest of this arc?

To be honest I actually quite enjoyed this issue. The final battle between Grodd and Barry was enjoyable enough, and it of course looked stunning considering the artist involved in this series. It also leaves a door open for him to return some time soon ( but hopefully not too soon ).
The main story coming out of this issue though was the predicament Barry has got with the women in his life. It was clear throughout the issue that he is torn between the two of them, which I am sure is going to be very fun to read in the future. I am also very intrigued to find out what the hell that was on the last page of this issue? I have not read much from The Flash before the new 52, so I do not have a clue what that thing was; but it looked totally badass.

So, I am very happy that this story arc is finished, as you can probably tell. However, this is a series that may be on my drop pile due to time and money constraints. I am probably going to give it one or two more issues to see what the next arc is like, and if it is on par with the one that we have just finished then it looks like I will stop picking it up. A few months ago I would have thought that this would be completely impossible, but I have just not enjoyed it as much as I would have liked to have done recently. However, take nothing away from this particular issue, as it really was a satisfying way to end the story arc as well as opening up new avenues for the future.

Rating: 7.7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment