Saturday 2 March 2013

Uncanny X-Force #2 Review


After a very impressive first outing, I could not help myself when I saw this one in my LCS this weekend. I had read some pretty negative things about it through the week but decided to pick it up and form my own opinion. Boy am I glad I did! This is setting up to be a really fun series, that just has a great tone to it. It also helps that Psylocke is a complete badass!

I love the way the story moved forward in this issue. Why is the little girl being used the way she is, and why is not trying to escape from Spiral? This is something that was not answered in this issue but I am sure it will be addressed soon. Speaking of Spiral, I thought she was great once again in this issue, considering she is a character that before #1 I had never read about before.
The highlight of this issue was the way Psylocke defeated all the clubbers in a massive battle on the dance floor. She used her powers to perfection, and there was actually a pretty comic moment thrown in at one point. She was originally the main reason I decided to take a look at this series, so I for one am very happy to see her kicking ass in scenes such as the club one in here.
I enjoyed the way Puck and Storm worked together too. Puck is another character I had never read about, and so far he is a character I am really enjoying. His wit and one liners are something that I am enjoying greatly, and I certainly do not find them forced like some reviews seem to think they are.

I have read some reviews about this series claiming that it is juvenile, and just not what Sam Humphries was promising from this it. However, I really have to disagree with that argument as I do not think it is juvenile in the slightest. This book is trying to have fun, and I think the tone it has suits it perfectly.
I also do not find the relationship Fantomex has with clone creepy in the slightest. I also think it is written in a very light hearted way, and it does all it can to stop itself from being disturbing. Maybe its just me, but what do people have against books that try to tell a good fun story?

As you can tell from this review, after two issues I am fully on board with this series as long as it continues to do what it is doing. I love the whole feel of it, and I really cant wait to see what happens in the next issue after the cliffhanger this one signed off on. If you want to see some characters that usually take a back seat come to the forefront in a well written series, then try these first two issues. You may not agree with me, but I think this title deserves a lot more credit than it is currently getting.

Rating: 8.6 / 10


FREE CODE:TMM1688TWILW


No comments:

Post a Comment