Thursday 7 March 2013

Comic Book Thoughts


Revival #7 - This was shipped late in the UK so I have only just read it. It was well worth the wait! A lot of things came together very nicely in this issue, and I thoroughly enjoyed the cliffhanger that it left us on. As usual it gave more questions than answers, but this does a great job at leaving plot lines open to be explored in the future. Em is one of my favourite characters and I really cant wait to see what kind of path she is going to go down. I have a feeling it is going to a very dark one. The good thing about this being one week late is that I have to wait one week less for the next issue! 8.4 / 10

Aquaman #17 - Great issue. Love the set up for the direction that this book is going to be heading in. I am excited to see him take down whoever is getting their hands on Atlantis weapons, as well as attempting to control an army that are not too sure about taking his commands.
The conversation between him and Waller in this issue was also interesting, and I am sure we will be seeing more development from Arthur regarding the last question posed by Waller. He seems to be in a lose lose situation at the minute, and I can see it taking some toll on him in the future. I was tempted to drop this book, but now I think I am going to pick up a couple more issues and see where it goes. The new status quo is something that really interests me, and the directions it can go in are pretty much endless. 8.4 / 10

Happy #4- Not too sure how I feel about this issue. It has been delayed, which I think has done nothing for the momentum this series had going into the final issue, and everything kind of fell a bit flat. I was not massively impressed by the big finale that I have been looking forward to since #1. I just don't think Morrison ended it the way I expected it to end. It felt huge throughout the first #3 issues, and this issue showed that it was no different to anything else we have read.
I am finding it quite hard to describe how I feel about this at the moment, but it was not a terrible issue at all, it was just not what I had hoped for. Maybe one day when I read #1-#4 straight through, I may feel slightly differently. It is still way above average anyway. 7 / 10

Star Wars #1 - I have just recently seen the original triology for the first time so I decided to pick up this issue and see what it was all about. Well, I am very glad I decided to get involved in this, as this was a really great issue. Big franchises in comic books never seem to do too well due to the books just not having the same feel; but I think that Star Wars this time around may be a bit different. It really did have the same feel to the original trilogy, and I think the whole premise for this first story arc is very strong indeed. I have ordered #2, and I really cant wait for it to arrive. 9 / 10

Saga #10 - This series continually pumps out amazing issues, and this instalment is no different. In this chapter we learn more about how our favourite couple got together. We also saw a pretty cool little battle in space; which unfortunately looks like it led to the death of a very well liked character. The first time I met this character, if you told me I would be upset at their death, then I really would not have believed you. The fact that the last page of this issue had such a big effect on me just shows you how great this series is. 9 / 10

Guardians of The Galaxy #0.1 - Never read anything to do with the guardians of the galaxy in my comic book career, but decided to pick this one up because Bendis was behind it. I am very very happy that I did do. Awesome origin story Star-Lord. Really cant wait until #1 hits soon. 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment