Friday 14 December 2012

Daredevil End of Days #3 Review


This series has been a huge hit so far. What you get with this book is a fantastically written story, some great art, and an amazing depiction of Hell's Kitchen. I have loved this series so far so was very eager to get into this issue, and once again I was not disappointed. I claimed after the first issue that this may turn out to be a classic, now three issues in, I am even more convinced of that.

In this installment we see Ben Urich visiting more of Matt Murdock's former acquaintances. However, we still get little answers to the questions that he is asking them. Nobody seems to know anything, or nobody wants to say anything.
You would think a book that has done pretty much the same thing for three issues would be pretty poor, but you would be wrong. You really feel invested in the mystery, and you feel planted in Ben's shoes as he is questioning individuals about the murder. It is a great feeling; the needing to know what has happened to Matt. The ending of this issue made me even more eager to pick up issue #4; as if I wasn't excited enough already.

The art has been great throughout all three issues, however I think in this issue it may be the best we have seen so far. Hell's Kitchen looks amazing. It looks like the most depressing place on earth; but you really cant help but love it. It is this grimy view of the place which is by far my preferred image of it. A horrible place to grow up and live full of poverty. The setting really helps to make this series what it is.

I highly recommend checking this series out. You don't even have to be a fan of Daredevil; the writing is so good. There are five issues left in this series, and I can almost guarantee that each of them will be getting similar ratings as the three I have no reviewed. This really is great stuff.


Rating: 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment