Sunday 2 December 2012

Superman #14 Review



I regularly read this book so I was always going to pick up this issue, however I was looking forward to it even more after reading the set up given to it from from Supergirl #14. I am also very frustrated and surprised by all the bad reviews I have read for not just this issue, but this crossover event in general. There is a lot of hate surrounding these books at the minute, and I am not too convinced that a lot of it is really justified. I for one am really enjoying this event and I really enjoyed this particular issue, so here is some positivity for all to enjoy if you are inclined to do so.

I loved the opening of this issue with Clark and Lois. Clark came across as jealous, and some would say un-Clark like, however I am very happy with how the whole thing went down. Yes the man may not be human, but he is living on Earth and has a great understanding and experience of human emotions. He is bound to feel jealous, and therefore act a bit out of character when confronted with the Lois moving in with another man. I liked the whole scene, and felt that I could relate to it. Clark is not a robot.

H'el was seen for the first time in this particular title and gave Clark pretty much the same spiel as he gave to Kara. Of course, Clark is a bit more pessimistic and cautious about what he is being told, and believes that something is not quite right. He is proven to be correct in his judgement as we start seeing a more evil side to H'el towards the end of this confrontation. Of course Kara does not see this, and is currently unaware that H'el is turning her against her cousin.

Even though this is a Superman book, I really enjoyed reading Kara in this issue. Her total naivety and willingness to trust people came out like it did in her own book last month. I am looking forward to seeing how this ends, as I am sure it will be a great learning curve for her.
Superman seems up against getting his cousin to trust him again, as well as dealing with the threat of H'el; who I really like as a villain. This crossover event is going at a great pace and I am looking forward to reading more of it in Supergirl #14 later this month.


Rating: 8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment