Wednesday 12 December 2012

Colder #2 Review


Admittedly, I picked up the  first issue of this series to the amazing cover that it had. However, I was very pleasantly surprised with what I read so decided to pick up the second issue of this mini series. Once again I am very happy with my choices.

What I really liked about this issue was the fantastic chemistry between Reece and Declan. It was great to read, and I really do think that Reece is a great character; she is so easy to like. What was also great about their chemistry was that it also enabled us to get an insight into what  Declan is. Yes, there are still many questions that need answering, but we got some answers into what his past looks life after the events that made him what he is.

The flashes into a different reality were a highlight of the book for sure. It is still not clear how Declan can do this, and what exactly happens in this other reality, but it is fun to go along with for the time being. I am sure at some point everything will become a lot clearer.
We also got to see more of Nimble Jack, who is by far one of the coolest comic book characters to come out in the last few years. As I mentioned in my review of #1, he is a kind of Heath Ledger joker, but with added coolness on top. I have read other reviewers claiming he will become a cult figure in comics and to be honest I could not agree more. He is a truly great character.

The art once again in this issue was absolutely tremendous. I was slightly unsure at first while reading last months issue, but with each panel it grew more and more on me. This month it has become very clear just how amazing this book looks. The art really reached another level when the characters were in the other darker reality. 

You guys should really check this book out. The art, along with Nimble Jack, make this book worth checking out alone; never mind the story. However, there are a lot of awesome ideas in this that are also very fresh; which makes this book a joy to read. There are three issues left and I am sure each one will be as intriguing as the two that have come out.

Rating: 8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment