Saturday 22 December 2012

Supergirl #15 Review



This is without a doubt most of the most under rated ongoing series out there at the moment. I have said this before, but each issue my opinion is confirmed. I do not know what the sales are like for this book but I can gurantee that not as many people are buying it is they should be. In this installment we saw Kara and H'el become a bit closer, as well as a bit of an insight into H'el's life before he became what he is.

I am a big fan of the character H'el. Many people find it hard to get past his name and just how cliche it is, but I really don't have a problem with it. I am still not sure on his true intentions and that is down to how well he is being written. He seems to be a good guy at the moment but I get the feeling he may be playing Kara. If that is true then the fallout is going to massive, and it will no doubt see Kara going through some difficult changes and realizations about life.
She is a very complex character who is in a very strange situation. It is hard not to like her, and very hard not to worry about her getting hurt. The character building for her has been tremendous and I would go as far as saying that she is one of my favorite characters in the New 52 reboot.

I always go on about art but honestly the pencils in this book are just unbelievable. The best way to describe them would be "scratchy" I guess, but I recommend checking it out for yourselves. Some of the panels, or should I say most of the panels, are fantastic. It is in the characters that the art in this book really stands out. Kara looks stunning as usual, while my favorite version of H'el is in this series.

I cant wait for the next issue to see how Kara and Hel's "relationship" has developed, and to hopefully find out H'el's true intentions. What frustrates me about this series is that it is so hard to find reviews for it. Type "Supergirl #15 review" on a search engine and what you will notice straight away is the absence of the big comic book sites on the search results. This series is getting ignored for some reason and that should really not be the case. If you are buying this book then well done for supporting it, and if you are not then I really suggest giving it a try.

Rating: 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment