Saturday 22 December 2012

Happy #3 Review



Ah the Grant Morrison book about a imaginary blue horse called Happy has released its penultimate issue; and what a cracker it is. We got to learn more about Nicks back story, which included how his life has got to the point where it is currently at. We also learned what is happening to the children who have been kidnapped; and trust me, it is very disturbing.

This was yet again another fantastic issue, but I am slightly worried as there is only one issue left and I feel there is a lot more story to tell. Unless the last issue is double sized which I do not believe it is. We learned so much about Nick in this issue, and I think with this knowledge the series could have done with being a six issue run; but never mind.
Speaking of Nick, he comes across in this issue like he has in the previous two issues; as a complete douche bag. As a person I absolutely despise him, but he doesn't half make a very interesting comic book character. He is very self centered and unwilling to help others, but as I have mentioned we now understand why he is like this a lot more due to the flashbacks.

The art is once again fantastic. The world this is set in is disgusting. It is a grimy and ugly place, but it looks beautifully disgusting. The characters all fit the world perfectly due to their own personal seediness and ugliness. The one character that jumps out of the book every panel he is in is Happy the horse. Panels with him look beautiful due to his bright colours against the contrasting backdrop.

I really cant wait for the last issue of this series which should hit shelves next month. It has been a fantastic read and I am very eager to see if everything is going to be wrapped up. This is a Grant Morrison book so I think there may be some kind of shock conclusion which the readers did not see coming. As long as there is no time travel involved, I am sure it is going to rock.

Rating: 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment