Sunday 23 December 2012

Ultimate Spider Man #18 Review



I have not really been a massive fan of the "United We Stand" crossover events across the Ultimate titles. This may be down to the fact that I only read Ultimate Spider Man. Anyway, I was very glad to see the back of it in this issue. Saying that, this was a really solid issue, and I think it made the event better than I first thought; concerning Spider Man anyway.

I really enjoyed the first page of the comic which gave a brief recap of the big battle between Hydra and SHIELD. Its not that I needed a recap, but it is good to have one seeing as I was not always too focused with this title while this event has been taking place. Plus the art for the battle panel looked epic.

I thought the fight between Miles and Giant Woman was pretty good.It was what it was; helping to fill a few pages, but regardless it was still very enjoyable. It also had some pretty good comic elements in it too that reminded the reader that Miles is a teenage boy at the end of the day, and that he does not see giant women on a regular basis.
Quite a big reveal in this issue was something that Miles' father had done. It is pretty shocking, and I don't believe the reader knew he had done this until this current issue. I am sure that this will start to have an effect on him in upcoming issues, which should make for some pretty interesting character development.

As mentioned earlier I am pretty glad that this event has been wrapped up, and I am pretty sure that USM will go back to being the book that has given it as much recognition as it has been receiving. Bendis did a great job in this issue, and I am very excited for #19 to come out in the new year; especially considering who has been advertised to be in it.


Rating: 8 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment